Plymouth Art Weekender is seeking expressions of interest from writers based in Plymouth and the South West to critically explore and engage with the upcoming Weekender, on 28/29/30 September 2018.
This year we are offering two commissions for writers who have experience and interest in the arts to report on the Weekender.
We are looking for:
– 1 Plymouth based writer with a good knowledge of the city’s visual arts network. £150 fee.
– 1 regional writer with an interest in engaging with the visual arts sector in Plymouth. £150 fee and up to £50 travel expenses. This opportunity is support by Visual Arts South West.
– Available over the 28th, 29th, 30th September.
– Available to see a variety of events, including all PAW commissioned artists, Plymouth Platform artists and as many events as possible throughout the day and night across the city.
– An interest in Plymouth Art Weekender’s approach to events.
– A keen knowledge of contemporary visual art.
– A knowledge of artist run events and DIY culture in the South West and beyond.
– Experience in critical art writing.
– Interest in playing a part in creating a legacy for Plymouth Art Weekender 2018.
Please contact email@example.com using the subject heading ‘PAW Writing Commission’, with the following information:
Short statement explaining why the opportunity is of interest to you and outlining any relevant experience, including any links to published works online. (no more than 300 words)
CV (please make sure the file name contains your name)
The deadline for applications is midnight on the 7th September 2018.