PAW2020's PR company, Excess Energy, have prepared a handy toolkit to help artists communicate their projects more effectively and get more press attention.
This takes you through some simple exercises that cover topics such as:
- What makes an artwork, project or event 'newsworthy'
- Writing a press release and getting it out there
- What types of images tend to work well in the media
- Arranging a media photo-call
- Using social media to best effect
Try this basic exercise as a taster, and you'll see what we mean:
Your answers to these simple questions are a great starting point for thinking about your own work in a new way, and maximising its potential for attention.