Steward with Us!
There is a freelance fee of £300 available for each steward.
Stewards will be expected to take the lead in facilitating audience interaction with PAW’s key commissions and will act as ambassadors for the Weekender. They may also be asked to assist commissioned artists with the set up and clear up of the commissions. When not needed to assist with the commissions, stewards will be required to support volunteers at key locations, including to Armada Way, The Athenaeum, Plymouth School of Creative Arts, and Royal William Yard.
The successful candidates will:
- Have good knowledge of and enthusiasm for visual arts in Plymouth
- Know the city and how to get around
- Be friendly, confident communicators with experience in public facing roles
- Be responsible individuals who are calm under pressure
- Be happy to pitch in and do what is needed to ensure the event is a success
- Make an effort to know as much as possible about the range of Weekender 2017 events
Stewards must be available to attend a training day and introduction to the Weekender on 13th September
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading PAW Steward, with the following information:
- Full name
- Mobile Number
- Short statement explaining why the role is of interest to you and outlining any relevant experience
The deadline for applications is midnight on the 23rd August 2017.
About Plymouth Art Weekender and Visual Arts Plymouth
Plymouth Art Weekender is initiated by Visual Arts Plymouth (VAP), a voluntary group of artists and organisers active in the city. For more information on VAP and its members visit visualartsplymouth.org
Plymouth Art Weekender is funded through the city wide Horizon project, a collaborative programme developed between Visual Arts Plymouth, KARST, Plymouth Arts Centre, Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth City Council, University of Plymouth and supported by Horizon, a collaborative two year programme of visual contemporary arts, funded through Arts Council England’s Ambition for Excellence fund and supported by Plymouth Culture.
PAW showcases the breadth of activity that takes place in Plymouth, drawing it together for one bumper weekend of creativity for all ages, with events and exhibitions throughout the city drawing large audiences from Plymouth & beyond. www.plymouthartweekender.com