Call for Ideas
Deadline: Midnight 4th June
With this strand of the Weekender we will promote and celebrate artist led activity; providing support for artists seeking venues, fundraising, producing and marketing events; with inclusion in the dedicated Weekender website and publicity campaign which launches in the summer; including the Plymouth Art Weekender Map and all online exhibitions and events listings.
Your event must be self-managed.
We are working with Plymouth City Council and multiple organisations to open up access to empty spaces for use by artists for non-commercial purposes during the Weekender. So make the most of the opportunity and get involved!
Full name, phone number, email address
300 words (max) indicative outline of your event idea
List of artists
Support you require
Website (if available)
Biog/CV (not essential)
To submit an idea, please send the information to Plymouthartweekender@gmail.com with the subject heading “Call for Ideas”.
This is a non-selected process; all feasible projects will be supported.
Feasibility will be measured according to the time available and financial viability. This will be undertaken by PAW Coordinators Cat Bagg and Rosie Thomson-Glover, Field Notes, with the support of VAP Activators.
30th March, 18.00 – 20.30 Visual Arts Plymouth: Forum , Effervescent
27th April, 16.00 – 19.00 – Self Organised: How to make events happen, free workshop, Ocean Studios
4th June, Midnight – deadline for Call for Ideas
31st July – print deadline; all projects must be confirmed for inclusion in the print marketing
About Plymouth Art Weekender and Visual Arts Plymouth
Plymouth Art Weekender takes place annually across the city. The Weekender acts as a platform to celebrate Plymouth, its people and the visual arts, promoting the city as an exciting contemporary art destination. Initiated by Visual Arts Plymouth (VAP), a voluntary group of artists and organisers active in the city. For more information on VAP and its members visit http://visualartsplymouth.org
PAW showcases the breadth of activity that takes place in Plymouth, drawing it together for one bumper weekend of creativity for all ages, with events and exhibitions throughout the city drawing large audiences from Plymouth & beyond.
- The Weekender is a platform to provide marketing & logistical support to artist led projects looking to show Plymouth, it is not a funding body
- We understand that your idea may be at an early stage and any information supplied may be subject to change
- All organisers should be responsible for their own insurances (see a-n or Axisweb for low cost options)
- If you already have an event planned or are working towards this independently, please visit www.plymouthartweekender.com to submit to the listings. Deadline for inclusion in print is 31st July
- We welcome ideas from artists based in Plymouth and beyond